Financial Breakfast: Morning News Summary for July 6, 2012
Friday, July 6, 2012
This is your Benzinga news summary and trader's outlook covering headlines from overnight and today's pre-market session.
- Bank of England Leaves Rates Unchanged at 0.5%, BOE Asset Purchase Target Increased By £50B To £375B
- China Cuts One Year Lending Rate 0.31 Percentage Points, Cuts One Year Deposit Rate 0.25 Percentage Points
- U.S. Equity Markets trade down as Dow futures trade lower about 16 points.
- U.S. Dollar trades about 0.08% higher.
- European markets are lower in afternoon trading. Britain's FTSE 100 lost 0.10%, Germany's DAX slid 0.42% and France's CAC 40 fell 0.44% on the session.
- Asian stocks ended the session mixed. China's Shanghai added 1.05%, Japan's Nikkei 225 fell 0.65%, and the Hong Kong's Hang Seng Market slid 0.04%.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch Upgrades Sally Beauty (NYSE: SBH) from Neutral to Buy, Raises PO from $30 to $32
- Morgan Stanley Downgrades Perrigo (NASDAQ: PRGO) from Overweight to Equal-Weight, Raises PT from $110 to $125
- 08:30 a.m. ET - Nonfarm Payrolls
- 08:30 - Unemployment Rate
- 08:30 - Average Hourly Earnings (MoM)
- 10:30 - Natural Gas Storage
- Yesterday, Xyratex (NASDAQ: XRTX) Reported Q2 EPS $0.32 vs $0.29 Est; Revenues $322.1M vs $327.03M Est
- Yesterday, Informatica (NASDAQ: INFA) Reported Preliminary Q2 $0.27-0.28 vs $0.37 Est; Revs $188-190M vs $222.6M Est
- Seagate (NYSE: STX) Cuts Forecast, Sees June Shipments 66M
- Navistar (NYSE: NAV) Announces Advanced Clean Engine Technology To Meet Emissions Regulations
- Aoxing Pharmaceutical (NYSE: AXN) Announces CFO Resignation
- Precious metals are trading lower, with gold posting early losses of about 0.89%
- Energy futures are trading lower, with crude oil posting early losses of about 1.74%
- Natural Gas futures are trading 1.36% higher and copper is trading lower by about 0.64%
Subscribe Click here to subscribe to this newsletter. Receive it daily to your inbox!
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.