Financial Breakfast: Morning News Summary for December 5, 2011
This is your Benzinga news summary and trader's outlook covering headlines from overnight and today's pre-market session.
• The longest period in which the exchange was closed occurred during WW1, when the NYSE was closed for four and a half months starting July 31st, 1914.SAP) announced on Saturday that it would acquire cloud software maker SuccessFactors, Inc. (NYSE: SFSF) for $3.4 billion in cash</li> Dollar General Reports Q3 EPS $0.50 vs $0.47 Est; Revenues $3.60B vs $3.57B Est.</li> Privately Held Agricultural Giant Cargill to Cut Workforce by 2,000, Citing Weak Global Economy.</li> AutoNation, Inc. (NYSE: AN) today announced that its retail new vehicle unit sales in November 2011, as reported to the applicable automotive manufacturers, totaled 18,692 an increase of 21% as compared to November 2010.</li> </ul>
- U.S. Equity Markets trade flat as Dow futures trade about $0.01 lower.
- U.S. Dollar trades about 0.4% higher.
- European markets are higher in afternoon trading. Britain's FTSE 100 added 0.6%, Germany's DAX gained 0.9 % and France's CAC 40 added 1.37% on the session.
- Asian stocks ended the session mixed. China's Shanghai lost 1.1%, Japan's Nikkei 225 gained 0.6% and Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index added 0.7%.
- Euro Central Bank lending via IMF seen in 100-200B Euro range
- Barclays upgrades DR Horton (NYSE: DHI) to Overweight, $16 PT
- Roth Capital upgrades Ariba (NASDAQ: ARBA) to Buy, $36 PT
- Goldman Sachs downgrades MOLX (NASDAQ: MOLX) to Neutral
- Piper Jaffray downgrades Dreamworks (NASDAQ: DWA) to NEutral, PT lowered to $20
- ISM Non-Farm Composite and Factory Orders are set to report at 10:00 a.m. ET
- Hi-Tech Pharmacal Reports Q2 EPS $1.04 vs $0.77 Est; Revenues $56.9M vs $51.4M Est
- Dollar General Reports Q3 EPS $0.50 vs $0.47 Est; Revenues $3.60B vs $3.57B Est
- Western Digital Corp. (NYSE: WDC) raised its financial outlook for the December quarter and restarts progress of its operations in Thailand.
- Acadia Healthcare (NASDAQ: ACHC) announced a a public offering of 8.33 million shares.
- GLG Life Tech (NASDAQ: GLGL) announced that the FDA has issued a fourth letter of no objection for its supplement, RebPure 95 stevia extract.
- Precious metals are trading lower, with gold posting losses of about 0.1%
- Energy futures are trading higher, with crude oil posting gains of about 0.2%
- Natural Gas futures are higher by about 0.06% and copper is trading higher by about 0.3 %
|E-Mini S&P 500||1270||1257||1249||1236||1228|
|US Dollar Index||79.40||79.07||78.51||78.24||77.74|
Subscribe here to receive it daily to your inbox!
© 2014 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.