5 Risky Dividend Stocks (WIN, EXC, FTR, HAS, JNJ)
Earlier, I wrote about 15 Great Stocks with Great Yield, and as a follow up, it seems prudent to highlight a few of the riskier dividend stocks out there. Once again, using the rationale that dividend yields can either be high due to growing dividends and strong stock performance or high due to poor stock performance and constant or even shrinking dividends, I have found five dividend stocks that may be best left alone, however clearly the first three are much riskier than the last two.
1) Windstream Corp. (NYSE: WIN) yield=10.76%, trading within 2.83% of 52-week low.
2) Exelon (NYSE: EXC) yield=5.68%, trading within 5.59% of 52-week low.
3) Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) yield=10.67%, trading within 12.13% of 52-week low.
4) Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) yield=4.07%, trading within 26.7% of 52-week low.
5) Johnson and Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) yield=3.9%, trading within 38.8% of 52-week low.
Note: percentage of 52-week calculated as (52-week high - current price)/(52-week high - 52-week low)
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.